Posted to alt.home.repair
No No is offline

Default Clogging mower

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"HotRod" wrote in message
I have a self propelled three in one mower that is always clogging when I
try and use the side shoot, it means I get to do two or three runs up and
down the lawn and then shut it down and clean it out. Any ideas? Has anyone
every tried a teflon spray or something similar?

Sharpen the blade, walk slower, get a mulching blade. Cut more frequently,
cut to a higher level. Some combination of these.

And don't cut when damp.

Hey Edwin - I have a new Torro 3-in-1. It clogs when mulching when the
grass is the slightest bit damp or a bit longer than it should.

Blade is sharp. Its a personal pace self propelled. I cant walk slow
enough to get my lawn done in reasonable ammt of time.

I had an older YardMan with a slightly bigger B&S engine and it would
plow through anything.

Your tips are right on with some mowers. Some do not have this issue.

I was thinking of Teflon spray, WD40 or maybe PAM cooking spray. I may
try it.