Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement leaks from walls

Ed are you posting for someone, because you know the answer as well as
anyone. Its going to be a big job, if gutters and grading are right then
your foundation has to be dug up outside, no fun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
. com:

Posted for James
Basement leaks from walls.

Message:
My basement leaks after each rain. It seems to be seeping thru the
walls, then again, it might just be coming down from the top of the
wall. Is there anything we can do to make this basement quit leaking?
We are wanting a finished basement, but cant until this problem is
fixed

PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks a lot!
James Jones

Are your gutters cleaned out and working (not leaking)? Do the gutters
drain and pool near the foundation? You may want to run extensions out
from your house, so the water runs well away from your foundation.
Because when water pools, the water seeps down and builds pressure and
pushed itself into your basement. Where's the water coming in? You
have actual cracks where it's coming in? If it's micro-cracks, then you
could paint the masonry walls with this drylock product that seals the
microcracks.

Our basement leaks too. I tried the drylock. Didn't work. Our problem
is slope. The back yard ground slopes down to the foundation. I'm
going to have to rip out the deck on the back of the house and dig a
french drain and move some earth to get the slope moving in the opposite
direction. My wife owned this house before marrying me. Instead of
addressing the basement leaking issue first, she instead paid for
someone to build the rear deck. But the moron who built the rear deck
should have advised her to have the slope taken care of, before worrying
about a deck. I wouldn't even have bought this house in the first
place, due to the slope. Women!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Ed are you posting for someone, because you know the answer as well as
anyone. Its going to be a big job, if gutters and grading are right then
your foundation has to be dug up outside, no fun.

Yes, a fellow James asked me to that is having problems posting to
newsgroups.

Gutters, proper downspouts, and grading is the most common cure.