Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mgkelson@yahoo.com is offline

Default Basement leaks from walls

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Posted for James
Basement leaks from walls.

Message:
My basement leaks after each rain. It seems to be seeping thru the walls,
then again, it might just be coming down from the top of the wall. Is there
anything we can do to make this basement quit leaking? We are wanting a
finished basement, but cant until this problem is fixed

PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks a lot!
James Jones

On an older home that I used to own I put a slab of cement against the
foundation. It was slanted outwards a little bit and about 12" to 18"
wide (can't remember). Most of my problem was from watering the lawn so
I then carefully installed a sprinkling system so that it didn't spray
on the cement.

If the problem is rain, I would make sure that you have some good rain
gutters installed.