Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Contractor rating site

I once found a web site that publishes several lists of
contractors around cities in the US. Contractors can
register to be rated, and consumers can review their scores
or rate them. At the time, I made a mental note that I
would consult these lists when I need a contractor. Now
that I do, I forgot what the URL of the site is. All I can
remember is it starts with "Ask" following by a woman's
name. Something like AskMeg.com or AskAmy.com (obviously
neither of these two are the correct one, or else I wouldn't
be posting this message).

Does anyone here know which web site I am talking about?
(And remember what its URL is)
Thanks,
pac

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:11:03 GMT, "PacKat" wrote:

I once found a web site that publishes several lists of
contractors around cities in the US. Contractors can
register to be rated, and consumers can review their scores
or rate them. At the time, I made a mental note that I
would consult these lists when I need a contractor. Now
that I do, I forgot what the URL of the site is. All I can
remember is it starts with "Ask" following by a woman's
name. Something like AskMeg.com or AskAmy.com (obviously
neither of these two are the correct one, or else I wouldn't
be posting this message).

Does anyone here know which web site I am talking about?
(And remember what its URL is)
Thanks,
pac

Although it's not exactly what you describe, Angie's List allows
members to rate contractors and service companies and other members to
view the ratings and comments. There's a small fee, but I've found it
very helpful. It's not perfect, but it's better than checking
contractor supplied references IMO.

www.angieslist.com

Not affilitated, just use it and like it.

HTH,

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair

PacKat wrote:
I once found a web site that publishes several lists of
contractors around cities in the US. Contractors can
register to be rated, and consumers can review their scores
or rate them. At the time, I made a mental note that I
would consult these lists when I need a contractor. Now
that I do, I forgot what the URL of the site is. All I can
remember is it starts with "Ask" following by a woman's
name. Something like AskMeg.com or AskAmy.com (obviously
neither of these two are the correct one, or else I wouldn't
be posting this message).

Does anyone here know which web site I am talking about?
(And remember what its URL is)
Thanks,
pac

Maybe?
http://www.angieslist.com/AngiesList/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
PacKat wrote:
[...]

Ahhhh! You both are right. My memory was playing a trick
on me.
Thanks much!

Craft site Michael Woodturning 5 April 24th 05 07:37 PM
NEMES New Web Site Errol Groff Metalworking 0 March 6th 05 07:44 PM
Woodworking Site (plans, library, archives, discounts): Glenn Fischer Woodworking 4 August 16th 04 05:09 AM
Web site update Rob Stokes Woodworking 2 November 25th 03 04:03 PM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM