Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin Paul Franklin is offline

Default Contractor rating site

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:11:03 GMT, "PacKat" wrote:

I once found a web site that publishes several lists of
contractors around cities in the US. Contractors can
register to be rated, and consumers can review their scores
or rate them. At the time, I made a mental note that I
would consult these lists when I need a contractor. Now
that I do, I forgot what the URL of the site is. All I can
remember is it starts with "Ask" following by a woman's
name. Something like AskMeg.com or AskAmy.com (obviously
neither of these two are the correct one, or else I wouldn't
be posting this message).

Does anyone here know which web site I am talking about?
(And remember what its URL is)
Thanks,
pac

Although it's not exactly what you describe, Angie's List allows
members to rate contractors and service companies and other members to
view the ratings and comments. There's a small fee, but I've found it
very helpful. It's not perfect, but it's better than checking
contractor supplied references IMO.

www.angieslist.com

Not affilitated, just use it and like it.

HTH,

Paul