Posted to alt.home.repair

Default water quality problem

Hello,
For the last four months I've been having problems with my
water and wonder if anyone can help. After showering I find that my
skin and hair are covered in a greasy film. I've asked my neighbours
and they say their water's fine. I've changed my hot water heater
twice, added a water softener, had the pipes flushed, replaced some old
lead pipes with copper, and still the problem persists. I'm at my wit's
end. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be or how it
could be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

"brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
For the last four months I've been having problems with my
water and wonder if anyone can help. After showering I find that my
skin and hair are covered in a greasy film. I've asked my neighbours
and they say their water's fine. I've changed my hot water heater
twice, added a water softener, had the pipes flushed, replaced some old
lead pipes with copper, and still the problem persists. I'm at my wit's
end. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be or how it
could be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

Changed the water heater twice? Sounds like a troll.
Take a sample to a reputable water treatment company and have it tested.
Other than that, eat less greasy foods.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"brian" wrote in message
oups.com...

Changed the water heater twice? Sounds like a troll.
Take a sample to a reputable water treatment company and have it
tested. Other than that, eat less greasy foods.

I agree. The kids are out of class over the weekends again.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

We had a similar experience. We are on Well water. Our shower left us
feeling a bit more slick then usual. We had just moved into the place. The
Granny unit on the property didn't have the issue.

I gave the Old Water Softener an Over haul ( I think I broke it, so its not
really getting salt water anymore) and now we don't have that film after the
shower.

You said you added a Water Softener? Maybe it was too soft to begin with?

If you are on city water, then the quality should be acceptable. If you are
on well water I agree with Edwin, get a Sample and take it to a lab to get
it tested. The Best place it the closest tap from the Source. These people
send us a Test Kit. http://www.lifesourcewater.com/. Getting the water
tested is not cheap, can be up to $300+, but will give you lots of info...

Good Luck
"brian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
For the last four months I've been having problems with my
water and wonder if anyone can help. After showering I find that my
skin and hair are covered in a greasy film. I've asked my neighbours
and they say their water's fine. I've changed my hot water heater
twice, added a water softener, had the pipes flushed, replaced some old
lead pipes with copper, and still the problem persists. I'm at my wit's
end. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be or how it
could be fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message

I gave the Old Water Softener an Over haul ( I think I broke it, so its
not really getting salt water anymore) and now we don't have that film
after the shower.

Actually, you didn't have the film before, now you do. Soft water makes you
feel as though you did not rinse properly when in fact, you rinsed better
than ever and have no minerals you you.