Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HotPoint cooking range: burner not getting heated up

Hi,
My hotpoint range is ~ 3.5 years old.
This morning the burners just stopped getting heated up.

I noticed that the clock was not displaying. It usually happens when
there is a power outage. I checked the power and it was ok. I turned
the unit ON and then the clock was flashing(as if power came back, and
it is waiting for me to reset the clock)
The red indicator light also turns ON, but none of the coils get heated
up nor does the oven unit below. I left it on for a while but the
burners never got heated up.

I know it is not a fuse or power issue since the indicator light does
come up.

Not sure where to start troubleshooting or what kind of electrician to
call.... Please share any experience you have with this.
Thanks,
Raj

Posted to alt.home.repair

assuming electric range it may still be power issue...

one side of power line out no 240 volt just 120 for clock............

if just one burner quit switch or burnewr but since they all quit
together probably power line.

how handy are you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

try resetting breaker for stove it should be a double pole one.

it is probably partially tripped

go try the main breaker box

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.actionservco.com/listings...20Oven%20Chart