Monque Robinson

Default F2 fault error on GE range - broiler element turns on

Jeff, Eric, and Dan:

Thank you very much for your replies. Hopefully, the oven will be
repaired this afternoon. I sure do appreciate your time in answering
my inquiry. I look forward to using my oven again.

Thanks again.
Monique Robinson n

"Dan O." wrote in message ...
Monque Robinson wrote

I have a GE range model JBP30WA1WW . I received
an F2 error while baking cookies. The broiler element
turned on and I had to trip the breaker for the range in
order to turn it off. After letting the oven cool overnight
I reset the circuit breaker for the range and reset the
clock on the range. Within 20 minutes the broiler
element was heated (no F2 error in display). I have
turned the breaker for the range off again.

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

I agree with Jeff that the F2 was likely a warning that the oven got too hot
while baking probably because the broil element came on. The broil element
staying was likely caused by a stuck relay in the electronic control. If it
were caused by a short in the range's wiring, in most cases an element would
only get warm rather than red hot.

The oven is 6 years old and is used daily. I am
trying to determine the cost of repair vs. cost of
replacement.

I doubt the repair would be of such a high cost to justify replacing the
whole range. The electronic control (part number WB27X10022) used on your
model is relatively inexpensive at around $80 (depending on where purchased)
whereas many are well over $100-$150. If you are able to replace it
yourself, all the better.

JMO

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+...+F2+fault+code

=Ð~~~~~~

Dan O.

Monque Robinson wrote

I have a GE range model JBP30WA1WW . I received
an F2 error while baking cookies. The broiler element
turned on and I had to trip the breaker for the range in
order to turn it off. After letting the oven cool overnight
I reset the circuit breaker for the range and reset the
clock on the range. Within 20 minutes the broiler
element was heated (no F2 error in display). I have
turned the breaker for the range off again.

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Dan O. wrote

Monque Robinson wrote in message

Hopefully, the oven will be repaired this afternoon.
I sure do appreciate your time in answering
my inquiry. I look forward to using my oven again.

Let us know how you make out and what turns out to be the eventual cause.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+oven