Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default HotPoint cooking range: burner not getting heated up

On 26 Aug 2006 17:05:35 -0700, wrote:

Hi,
My hotpoint range is ~ 3.5 years old.
This morning the burners just stopped getting heated up.

I noticed that the clock was not displaying. It usually happens when
there is a power outage. I checked the power and it was ok. I turned
the unit ON and then the clock was flashing(as if power came back, and
it is waiting for me to reset the clock)
The red indicator light also turns ON, but none of the coils get heated
up nor does the oven unit below. I left it on for a while but the
burners never got heated up.

I know it is not a fuse or power issue since the indicator light does
come up.

Not sure where to start troubleshooting or what kind of electrician to
call.... Please share any experience you have with this.
Thanks,
Raj

Make sure BOTH sides of the 240V supply are working. The electronics
will work from one (120V), the heating elements take both. I had a
similar problem with a dryer. The motor would work but not the heater.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com