Posted to alt.home.repair
ESM ESM is offline

Default silver line windows

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about silver line aluminum
windows? I got a great price on the 2700 series for a retrofit in my
frame/stucco home. They come in at $1500 cheaper then Vinyl windows from a
major bramd I do know makes a nice window (PGT).

I'm in Orlando, so I'm looking for windows that meet and exceed FL Building
Code. The silver line (and PGT) meet Miami-Dade County requirements, which
are the most stringent for pressure ratings.

Being in FL also means I'm not interested in wood frames or need to deal
with cold winters.