Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Dish Washer frame

I want to install a dish washer on a wall that currently has nothing but a
fridge. I am going to run the new hoses and wires to the basement. The
question is do they make pre-made enclosures that I could slide the dish
washer in to or do I have to build it from scratch? I want to do this the
easiest way possible. I basically just want a dish washer that looks like a
portable but is permanently attached.

Anyone have any hints or the best way to do this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob" wrote in message
I basically just want a dish washer that looks like a portable but is
permanently attached.

Anyone have any hints or the best way to do this?

Some portable units are convertible. I would imagine you can use one as you
propose and it will have a full cabinet, then you just change the plumbing
as needed.

Another possibility is to use a standard machine and make a simple
enclosure. In an old house about 30+ years ago, I did just that. I was
given a DW but had no real place to put it. as a built in. I put it next to
the existing sink (you can use the fridge) and that covered one side. The
other side I use a sheet of finished plywood, stained or painted to match
your other cabinets. The top I bought a piece of butcher block counter top
and screwed it to the top. It was very handy having the cutting board top.

Check the price differences. I think you can use either model with a little
ingenuity.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You might also consider raising the DW a foot or two. Makes loading /
unloading much easier and can gain you some storage underneath for
infrequently used stuff.
"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I want to install a dish washer on a wall that currently has nothing but a
fridge. I am going to run the new hoses and wires to the basement. The
question is do they make pre-made enclosures that I could slide the dish
washer in to or do I have to build it from scratch? I want to do this the
easiest way possible. I basically just want a dish washer that looks like
a portable but is permanently attached.

Anyone have any hints or the best way to do this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

they have drawer type dishwashers open drawer insert stuff if thats of
any help

old patio door frame adjustiment Diane Home Repair 0 July 17th 06 06:06 PM
Whirlpool washer - lid switch malfunction R. Kannan Home Ownership 1 July 10th 06 12:31 AM
Dish washer leaving crud on knives Dave UK diy 4 June 19th 06 07:19 PM
failing dish washer p cooper UK diy 19 May 6th 06 04:25 PM
How Dish Network Setup 4 Receivers in a House? [email protected] Home Repair 18 March 2nd 05 05:00 PM