Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dish Washer frame

"Bob" wrote in message
I basically just want a dish washer that looks like a portable but is
permanently attached.

Anyone have any hints or the best way to do this?

Some portable units are convertible. I would imagine you can use one as you
propose and it will have a full cabinet, then you just change the plumbing
as needed.

Another possibility is to use a standard machine and make a simple
enclosure. In an old house about 30+ years ago, I did just that. I was
given a DW but had no real place to put it. as a built in. I put it next to
the existing sink (you can use the fridge) and that covered one side. The
other side I use a sheet of finished plywood, stained or painted to match
your other cabinets. The top I bought a piece of butcher block counter top
and screwed it to the top. It was very handy having the cutting board top.

Check the price differences. I think you can use either model with a little
ingenuity.