DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dish Washer frame (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/173426-dish-washer-frame.html)

Bob August 22nd 06 07:50 PM

Dish Washer frame

I want to install a dish washer on a wall that currently has nothing but a
fridge. I am going to run the new hoses and wires to the basement. The
question is do they make pre-made enclosures that I could slide the dish
washer in to or do I have to build it from scratch? I want to do this the
easiest way possible. I basically just want a dish washer that looks like a
portable but is permanently attached.

Anyone have any hints or the best way to do this?

Edwin Pawlowski August 22nd 06 09:03 PM

Dish Washer frame

"Bob" wrote in message
I basically just want a dish washer that looks like a portable but is
permanently attached.

Anyone have any hints or the best way to do this?

Some portable units are convertible. I would imagine you can use one as you
propose and it will have a full cabinet, then you just change the plumbing
as needed.

Another possibility is to use a standard machine and make a simple
enclosure. In an old house about 30+ years ago, I did just that. I was
given a DW but had no real place to put it. as a built in. I put it next to
the existing sink (you can use the fridge) and that covered one side. The
other side I use a sheet of finished plywood, stained or painted to match
your other cabinets. The top I bought a piece of butcher block counter top
and screwed it to the top. It was very handy having the cutting board top.

Check the price differences. I think you can use either model with a little
ingenuity.

Craven Morehead August 23rd 06 01:52 PM

Dish Washer frame

You might also consider raising the DW a foot or two. Makes loading /
unloading much easier and can gain you some storage underneath for
infrequently used stuff.
. ..

[email protected] August 23rd 06 02:46 PM

Dish Washer frame

they have drawer type dishwashers open drawer insert stuff if thats of
any help