Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faucet screwing problem

I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection so I
un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately the new faucet is
pointing nine o'clock when it should point downwards ie six o'clock.

I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it still points
nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same results which I find next
to impossible,

How do I get it point where I want??
Posted to alt.home.repair

"jim" wrote:

Phone a plumber as you should never chisel anything Iam a plumber so
get one
John wrote:
I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection so I
un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately the new faucet is
pointing nine o'clock when it should point downwards ie six o'clock.

I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it still points
nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same results which I find next
to impossible,

How do I get it point where I want??

Bad choice of words. With "chiseling" I mean I used a sharpening tool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:50:21 +0300, John
wrote:

I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection so I
un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately the new faucet is
pointing nine o'clock when it should point downwards ie six o'clock.

I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it still points
nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same results which I find next
to impossible,

How do I get it point where I want??

Dude.

If you're screwing a faucet, you really need help.
or at least a good woman !!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection so I
un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately the new faucet is
pointing nine o'clock when it should point downwards ie six o'clock.

I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it still points
nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same results which I find next
to impossible,

How do I get it point where I want??

That's why they call teflon tape - Six O'Clock tape. Go get you a
roll and put at least 3 layers thick on the 'groves' and you can point
it to six o'clock.

Posted to alt.home.repair

John wrote:
I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection
so I un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately
the new faucet is pointing nine o'clock when it should point
downwards ie six o'clock.

I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it
still points nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same
results which I find next to impossible,

How do I get it point where I want??

Where the threads start does not always determine where the device stops. In
your case, it's where the threads END on the pipe that settles that
question. You can (HARD WAY) get the right-sized die and cut more thread or
(EASY WAY) lather the pipe with teflon tape.

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

If you are using telflon you really don,t know how to put it in to
begin with and as I said call a plumber and get it done right.John