Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Faucet screwing problem

John wrote:
I have a water pipe in the wall. The old faucet had a bad connection
so I un-screwed it and put screwed a new one in place. Unfortunately
the new faucet is pointing nine o'clock when it should point
downwards ie six o'clock.

I carefully chiseled about 45 degrees of the top groove off but it
still points nine o'clock! I kept chiseling a bit by bit whith same
results which I find next to impossible,

How do I get it point where I want??

Where the threads start does not always determine where the device stops. In
your case, it's where the threads END on the pipe that settles that
question. You can (HARD WAY) get the right-sized die and cut more thread or
(EASY WAY) lather the pipe with teflon tape.