Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spiders

For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and
outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency
devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits
in the stores for many years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have one for my shop, that I use when I have the doors (garage) open at
night. I can tell you that it does work for flying insects such as moths. It
also works great for bats too. not sure about spiders cause its only on when
the doors are open.

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and
outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency
devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits
in the stores for many years.

I have a Siamese cat that just loves spiders. I have a lot of them this
our outside and in the garage, but I very seldom see on inside. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and
outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency
devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits
in the stores for many years.

I have several of them in the garage and in the house. They don't keep
away spiders or mice but I have not seen an elephant since they were
plugged in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Phisherman" wrote in message
For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and
outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency
devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits
in the stores for many years.

They wouldn't be around in larger numbers unless the food supply was better.
I don't like finding them dangling in front of my face in the shower, but
outdoors? Why would you want to get rid of them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and
outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency
devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits
in the stores for many years.

They're pretty unreliable at best, and at worst, you have no way of actually
knowing whether they are functioning or not. I doubt you'll have much
success from what I've read and heard about them.

Pop

Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and
outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency
devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits
in the stores for many years.

Two possible solutions:

1. A single, bigger, spider.
2. Cat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RayV wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and
outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency
devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits
in the stores for many years.

I have several of them in the garage and in the house. They don't
keep away spiders or mice but I have not seen an elephant since they
were plugged in.

That reminds of of a Maverick series "The Camel Watcher"

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Spiders warbler Woodworking 31 October 21st 05 05:34 AM
spiders in house grodenhiATgmailDOTcom Home Repair 11 September 25th 05 02:40 PM
aunt outburst inside home!! [email protected] Home Repair 10 September 9th 05 01:34 AM
Explosion of Spiders this Year in CT Mark & Mary Ann Weiss Home Repair 8 August 15th 05 08:46 AM
are spiders bad for my house? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 12th 05 05:59 AM