Default aunt outburst inside home!!

Yesterday out of no where I discovered lots and lots of ants in the
bathroom. I am usually very careful about not leaving food outside,
and the trail of the aunts (from bathroom - living room fireplace)
does not appear to show that they were after my food. What the hell
were they after? Were they just moving? I sprayed and killed most of
them, which probably numbered in the thousands.. I've not had a
single aunt problem for the past 2 years I've lived here. This is a
SFH in a suburb area of san francisco.

What would cause such a sudden outburst of aunts? Usually they go
after kitchen food, but my case they are not. Maybe they are after
something I can't see? dead mouse? spider? Does aunt eat spider or
spider eat aunt? I've seen more spiders inside recently...

Puzzled...

Raymond
Savvy 1

wrote in message
Yesterday out of no where I discovered lots and lots of ants in the
bathroom. I am usually very careful about not leaving food outside,
and the trail of the aunts (from bathroom - living room fireplace)
does not appear to show that they were after my food. What the hell
were they after? Were they just moving? I sprayed and killed most of
them, which probably numbered in the thousands.. I've not had a
single aunt problem for the past 2 years I've lived here. This is a
SFH in a suburb area of san francisco.

What would cause such a sudden outburst of aunts? Usually they go
after kitchen food, but my case they are not. Maybe they are after
something I can't see? dead mouse? spider? Does aunt eat spider or
spider eat aunt? I've seen more spiders inside recently...

Puzzled...

Raymond

If they're swarming in or around the bathroom sink-- and you've recently
changed brands of mouthwash (or just started using it), the ants may be
going after the residue in the sink after you "spit out". Happened to me--
now I spit in the toilet and flush and no more ants ;-)

S1

Dave Balderstone

In article ,
wrote:

What would cause such a sudden outburst of aunts?

Excessive breeding on one or both sides of the family.

You're a horny bunch aren't you?

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 01 Sep 2005 11:55:47a, wrote in alt.home.repair:

Yesterday out of no where I discovered lots and lots of ants in the
bathroom. I am usually very careful about not leaving food outside,
and the trail of the aunts (from bathroom - living room fireplace)
does not appear to show that they were after my food. What the hell
were they after? Were they just moving? I sprayed and killed most of
them, which probably numbered in the thousands.. I've not had a
single aunt problem for the past 2 years I've lived here. This is a
SFH in a suburb area of san francisco.

What would cause such a sudden outburst of aunts? Usually they go
after kitchen food, but my case they are not. Maybe they are after
something I can't see? dead mouse? spider? Does aunt eat spider or
spider eat aunt? I've seen more spiders inside recently...

Puzzled...

Me too! You'll have to ask your aunts.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

Lar wrote:

What would cause such a sudden outburst of aunts? Usually they go
after kitchen food, but my case they are not. Maybe they are after
something I can't see? dead mouse? spider? Does aunt eat spider or
spider eat aunt? I've seen more spiders inside recently...

It depends on the type of ant you are seeing. If they are a large ant
could be there has been a hidden carpenter ant nest that is about to
swarm. There are a couple of species of small ants that may be living in
the walls that something has attracted them...anything from toothpaste
to sweat on a t-shirt can do it. Some species have no real "nest" but
are like nomads and they have moved the whole colony inside where you
came across them. Some ants are content feeding on the natural sugars
found outside and a simple rain shower could have washed their food
source away having foragers now getting inside the home.
As far as spiders vs. ants, some ants would readily eat spiders where
probably all spiders would gladly eat an ant, but neither usually would
have a chance matched up with most aunts.

Just an update, they appears to be after water. I've killed most of it
in the bathroom, and they are not poping up there. But now they've
showing up in small quantities in the kitchen counter. They seems to
be concentrating in areas that are damp, like under the dishwasher
rack and under the water dispenser. They don't seem to be that
interested in the foods...

They are small and moves relatively fast. Maybe the argentine ants, damn.

Raymond