Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Medallion" cabinetry

Just last week I picked up some kitchen cabinet brochures from Menard's
(Wisconsin-based "home improvement" store chain), including one for
"Medallion" brand cabinetry.

Noticing that the copyright date on the brochure was 2004, I went to the
Medallion Web site thinking that the printed brochure might be out of
date and that there might now be additional options -- only to find that
the style and "quality-related" names (three different series with
different standard features and warranties of different lengths) are
completely different and that the kitchen planner has a copyright date
of 2003.

So my question is: Is "Medallion" cabinetry any good, and is what
Menard's sells as good as what I might buy elsewhere? -- the "Find a
Dealer" facility on the Medallion Web site lists a bunch of dealers
around here but not one of the many Menard's stores in this area.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just put in Medallion and I'm very happy with it. Got it from an
independent dealer. There may be differences in the Menards line. I hate
shopping at Menard's, its a store of last resort for me.

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Did you buy them and install them yourself, or does everyone but
Menard's only do complete installations?

Perce

On 08/01/06 12:13 am mrsgator88 wrote:

I just put in Medallion and I'm very happy with it. Got it from an
independent dealer. There may be differences in the Menards line. I hate
shopping at Menard's, its a store of last resort for me.

snipped part of my own original post

So my question is: Is "Medallion" cabinetry any good, and is what Menard's
sells as good as what I might buy elsewhere? -- the "Find a Dealer"
facility on the Medallion Web site lists a bunch of dealers around here
but not one of the many Menard's stores in this area.

Posted to alt.home.repair

We're doing a lot of other work on the house and part of our contract was to
have new cabinets installed. My contract specified that we would buy the
cabinets ourselves, so that we weren't forced to buy from the contractor.