Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Oil Consumption

I have an oil fired Bock Hot Water heater. I shut off my boiler for
the summer and then wrote down the gallons in my oil tank and after 1
month my summer usage is 40 gallons just for the hot water. I have 4
adults and 1 child living in the house. I've never checked the actual
usage in the summer but I don't ever remember using that much oil. I
was wondering if anyone has any figures to compare to mine?

Thanks in advance

Posted to alt.home.repair

homeguy wrote:
I have an oil fired Bock Hot Water heater. I shut off my boiler for
the summer and then wrote down the gallons in my oil tank and after 1
month my summer usage is 40 gallons just for the hot water. I have 4
adults and 1 child living in the house. I've never checked the actual
usage in the summer but I don't ever remember using that much oil. I
was wondering if anyone has any figures to compare to mine?

Thanks in advance

I would not be surprised if the gauge you are using is inaccurate.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have an expensive guage that you pump to get a reading. It may not
be that accurate but I've always used that guage so that is a constant
in the equation. I was hoping someone could tell me what an average
family consumes in oil for a month.
Joseph Meehan wrote:
homeguy wrote:
I have an oil fired Bock Hot Water heater. I shut off my boiler for
the summer and then wrote down the gallons in my oil tank and after 1
month my summer usage is 40 gallons just for the hot water. I have 4
adults and 1 child living in the house. I've never checked the actual
usage in the summer but I don't ever remember using that much oil. I
was wondering if anyone has any figures to compare to mine?

Thanks in advance

I would not be surprised if the gauge you are using is inaccurate.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

anyone
Joseph Meehan wrote:
homeguy wrote:
I have an oil fired Bock Hot Water heater. I shut off my boiler for
the summer and then wrote down the gallons in my oil tank and after 1
month my summer usage is 40 gallons just for the hot water. I have 4
adults and 1 child living in the house. I've never checked the actual
usage in the summer but I don't ever remember using that much oil. I
was wondering if anyone has any figures to compare to mine?

Thanks in advance

I would not be surprised if the gauge you are using is inaccurate.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Salt content of softened water Steve B Home Repair 26 January 25th 06 04:06 AM
The #1 rated home water filter in America Aquasana AQ-4000 nitin Home Ownership 0 December 13th 05 08:44 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM