Posted to alt.home.repair
homeguy homeguy is offline

Default Hot Water Oil Consumption

anyone
homeguy wrote:
I have an expensive guage that you pump to get a reading. It may not
be that accurate but I've always used that guage so that is a constant
in the equation. I was hoping someone could tell me what an average
family consumes in oil for a month.
Joseph Meehan wrote:
homeguy wrote:
I have an oil fired Bock Hot Water heater. I shut off my boiler for
the summer and then wrote down the gallons in my oil tank and after 1
month my summer usage is 40 gallons just for the hot water. I have 4
adults and 1 child living in the house. I've never checked the actual
usage in the summer but I don't ever remember using that much oil. I
was wondering if anyone has any figures to compare to mine?

Thanks in advance

I would not be surprised if the gauge you are using is inaccurate.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit