Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower temp adjustment

Not a big deal, really, but if it's an easy job, I'll go for it. Water
temperature adjustment is 'jumpy' - by that I mean there is no way to get
gradual changes in output. It always seems to over or undershoot what I
want. The diverter is in the wall, not the spigot, with separate H/C knobs.
I haven't tried replacing the washers as they shut off perfectly, but could
they be the cause?
TIA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Easy's getting harder everyday

Posted to alt.home.repair

"PanHandler" wrote in message
.. .
Not a big deal, really, but if it's an easy job, I'll go for it. Water
temperature adjustment is 'jumpy' - by that I mean there is no way to get
gradual changes in output. It always seems to over or undershoot what I
want. The diverter is in the wall, not the spigot, with separate H/C
knobs. I haven't tried replacing the washers as they shut off perfectly,
but could they be the cause?
TIA

Try replacing the packing around the faucet shafts. If there's any lateral
wiggle, the adjustment will be quirky. While you're in there, you may as
well replace the washers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"PanHandler" wrote in message
.. .
Not a big deal, really, but if it's an easy job, I'll go for it. Water
temperature adjustment is 'jumpy' - by that I mean there is no way to get
gradual changes in output. It always seems to over or undershoot what I
want. The diverter is in the wall, not the spigot, with separate H/C
knobs. I haven't tried replacing the washers as they shut off perfectly,
but could they be the cause?
TIA

Try replacing the packing around the faucet shafts. If there's any lateral
wiggle, the adjustment will be quirky. While you're in there, you may as
well replace the washers.

Thanks Joe
I'll check them when I get home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try replacing the packing around the faucet shafts. If there's any lateral
wiggle, the adjustment will be quirky. While you're in there, you may as
well replace the washers.

Thanks Joe
I'll check them when I get home.

Is it possible that you have a temperature regulating valve that has
been installed with the hot and cold feed reversed. This will display
the exact sympton you describe.

Mark

Recommend shower door manufacturer other than Holcam central_scrutinizer Home Repair 18 September 2nd 07 11:15 PM
Shower doors central_scrutinizer Home Ownership 7 March 20th 06 09:44 PM
Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
How to fix/seal plastic shower stall Actor123 Home Repair 0 February 4th 05 10:23 PM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM