Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler PanHandler is offline

Default Shower temp adjustment

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"PanHandler" wrote in message
.. .
Not a big deal, really, but if it's an easy job, I'll go for it. Water
temperature adjustment is 'jumpy' - by that I mean there is no way to get
gradual changes in output. It always seems to over or undershoot what I
want. The diverter is in the wall, not the spigot, with separate H/C
knobs. I haven't tried replacing the washers as they shut off perfectly,
but could they be the cause?
TIA

Try replacing the packing around the faucet shafts. If there's any lateral
wiggle, the adjustment will be quirky. While you're in there, you may as
well replace the washers.

Thanks Joe
I'll check them when I get home.