Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question on Drip Edge installation.

I am having my house re-roofed. The builder wrapped the fascia board
with aluminum, where the alumumim meets the shingles the builder bent a
1" flange out to act as a drip edge. With my new roof I want to get a
real drip edge installed so put it in the contract. The roof installed
is installing the new drip edge over this flange resulting in a gap
between the drip edge and the fascia board as you look up at the fascia
from the ground. I do not think this is installed correctly. What do
you guys think? Thanks for all responses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"higgledy" wrote in news:1153963456.189518.85310
@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I am having my house re-roofed. The builder wrapped the fascia board
with aluminum, where the alumumim meets the shingles the builder bent a
1" flange out to act as a drip edge. With my new roof I want to get a
real drip edge installed so put it in the contract. The roof installed
is installing the new drip edge over this flange resulting in a gap
between the drip edge and the fascia board as you look up at the fascia
from the ground. I do not think this is installed correctly. What do
you guys think? Thanks for all responses.

Builder wrapped the fascia board with aluminum? You mean like the whole
exposed face?!!!!

If that's what the roofer did with the drip edge, makes ya wonder what he
did with the shingles and plywood that you didn't see.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"higgledy" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am having my house re-roofed. The builder wrapped the fascia board
with aluminum, where the alumumim meets the shingles the builder bent a
1" flange out to act as a drip edge. With my new roof I want to get a
real drip edge installed so put it in the contract. The roof installed
is installing the new drip edge over this flange resulting in a gap
between the drip edge and the fascia board as you look up at the fascia
from the ground. I do not think this is installed correctly. What do
you guys think? Thanks for all responses.

I agree with Lawrence.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.