Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What is this propane tool?

What is this propane tool?

Cleaning out somebody's abandoned tools, I found a small standard
propane can, such as a propane torch uses, with an accessory or part
of one screwed on the top.

It's a "head" with a valve on one side of the top and about a 2 inch
pipe coming out at about a 45 degree angle from the other side.

The pipe has a pretty big hole, obviously to let air in, at the bottom
through both sides and the gas orifice is in the middle of that.

The pipe ends with a smooth section, which looks like it would take a
hose, except there are two rubber O-washers at quarter inch intervals.

Any idea what this is for, is it good to have, and do I have enough to
make it worth repairing?

(I'm curious what it is, even if there isn't enough here to repair. I
thought I know all the propane accessories. )

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
What is this propane tool?

Cleaning out somebody's abandoned tools, I found a small standard
propane can, such as a propane torch uses, with an accessory or part
of one screwed on the top.

It's a "head" with a valve on one side of the top and about a 2 inch
pipe coming out at about a 45 degree angle from the other side.

The pipe has a pretty big hole, obviously to let air in, at the bottom
through both sides and the gas orifice is in the middle of that.

The pipe ends with a smooth section, which looks like it would take a
hose, except there are two rubber O-washers at quarter inch intervals.

Any idea what this is for, is it good to have, and do I have enough to
make it worth repairing?

(I'm curious what it is, even if there isn't enough here to repair. I
thought I know all the propane accessories. )

I agree with John.

Post one for free.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JustDave" wrote in message

"mm" wrote in message
What is this propane tool?

Cleaning out somebody's abandoned tools, I found a small standard
propane can, such as a propane torch uses, with an accessory or part
of one screwed on the top.

It's a "head" with a valve on one side of the top and about a 2 inch
pipe coming out at about a 45 degree angle from the other side.

The pipe has a pretty big hole, obviously to let air in, at the bottom
through both sides and the gas orifice is in the middle of that.

The pipe ends with a smooth section, which looks like it would take a
hose, except there are two rubber O-washers at quarter inch intervals.

Any idea what this is for, is it good to have, and do I have enough to
make it worth repairing?

(I'm curious what it is, even if there isn't enough here to repair. I
thought I know all the propane accessories. )

Freon leak detector?

http://www.uniweld.com/catalog/refri...tor_access.htm

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:51:14 -0700, "Big Al" wrote:

"JustDave" wrote in message
. ..

"mm" wrote in message
What is this propane tool?

Cleaning out somebody's abandoned tools, I found a small standard
propane can, such as a propane torch uses, with an accessory or part
of one screwed on the top.

It's a "head" with a valve on one side of the top and about a 2 inch
pipe coming out at about a 45 degree angle from the other side.

The pipe has a pretty big hole, obviously to let air in, at the bottom
through both sides and the gas orifice is in the middle of that.

The pipe ends with a smooth section, which looks like it would take a
hose, except there are two rubber O-washers at quarter inch intervals.

Freon leak detector?

http://www.uniweld.com/catalog/refri...tor_access.htm

Al

Hard to tell from the picture if mine is for that or not. If it is,
I'm missing parts.

Can't post a picture because I don't have a digittal camera and even
my scanner is not connected right now.

Thanks to all.