Posted to alt.home.repair
kai kai is offline

Default Whirlpool Dryer Runs but no heat!

I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

kai wrote:

I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Electric? Gas?

If electric, either the element or control.

If gas, the igniter or igniter sensor or gas supply or control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"kai" wrote in message
m...
I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Judging from your post, you probably haven't got the ability to repair it
yourself. I recommend you call 1 800 APPLIANCE REPAIR ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

kai wrote:
I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Hi,

Electric, gas?
Model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-dryer.html#elecheat
http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-dryer.html#gasheat

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

kai wrote:
I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Just anecdotal, but my electric dryer does that when one leg of the 220 is
missing. Apparently the motor to turn the drum only needs one leg, but the
element uses both.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rick Brandt wrote:
kai wrote:
I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Just anecdotal, but my electric dryer does that when one leg of the 220 is
missing. Apparently the motor to turn the drum only needs one leg, but the
element uses both.

fixed a friends moms electric dryer recently element broke.

i hate folks who attack the original poster like your too dumb to fix
it.

after all each of us had to start somehere

Posted to alt.home.repair

The following information is based on your ability to use a multimeter
either to check olms or voltage, and is for a Whirlpool dryer with the
removable rear panel and the element in the rear. This type of dryer
has the lint screen on the top of the dryer.

1. Set your meter to volts and check for 240 at the outlet. Remove
plug and check prongs of pigtail to make sure they are not burned.
Leave dryer unplugged.
2. Remove rear panel, check connections of pigtail at terminal block.
3. Set your meter to ohms. Check for about 20 ohms on terminals for
the element. This reading is based on 5200 watt element. You can do
the math: watts/volts=ohms. Also, check for continuity from the
element terminals to the element housing. Reading should be very high.

4. Check for continuity on all thermostats and thermal fuses back
there. Reading should be around zero or .1 ohms.
5. Change any component that doesn't show proper reading.

This is based on most common reasons for no-heat problem. There are
more exotic answers to the problem, such as timer contacts, but this is
the simpler side of things. It also does not give you ideas about how
to keep the problem from happening again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.easyapplianceparts.com/dr...eat+repair.htm

--
Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven's Current Weather
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...er+Haven+33881
"kai" wrote in message
m...
I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, " wrote:

Rick Brandt wrote:
kai wrote:
I've a Whirlpool Dryer. It runs, but no heat. How can I repair this
problem? Thanks....

Just anecdotal, but my electric dryer does that when one leg of the 220 is
missing. Apparently the motor to turn the drum only needs one leg, but the
element uses both.

fixed a friends moms electric dryer recently element broke.

i hate folks who attack the original poster like your too dumb to fix
it.

Somebody who asks how to fix a dryer, but doesn't even think to mention
whether it's gas or electric, probably *is* too ignorant to fix it.

--
Regards,