Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Alternate method of drilling lockset holes in exterior insulated steel door

I do not have the correct drill attachment to do this but I do have some
1/2-3/4" metal milling bits. I was thinking of drilling the center out with
a 1/2 bit then milling the 1 3/4" hole with the milling bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Martik wrote:
I do not have the correct drill attachment to do this but I do have some
1/2-3/4" metal milling bits. I was thinking of drilling the center out with
a 1/2 bit then milling the 1 3/4" hole with the milling bit.

buy a cheap holesaw. in terms of saving time and aggravation, it'll be
the best ten bucks you'll spend.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What brand of lock uses a 1 3/4 hole? I've been a locksmith for 20
years, and not heard of this brand.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Martik" wrote in message
I do not have the correct drill attachment to do this but I do have
some
1/2-3/4" metal milling bits. I was thinking of drilling the center out
with
a 1/2 bit then milling the 1 3/4" hole with the milling bit.

Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

You can get a lock installation kit with hole saws, arbors and jigs to position
them at any Home Depot for less than ten bucks.

--
Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

What brand of lock uses a 1 3/4 hole? I've been breaking jambs for 20
years, and not heard of this brand.

--
Tekkie