Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gutter Quote

I am getting gutters replaced and i have a quote for $2,200.00. I live
in the New Orleans area and its about 190 ft around the house. Does
this seem in the ball park?
Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:40:25 GMT, "dadiOH"

I am getting gutters replaced and i have a quote for $2,200.00. I
live in the New Orleans area and its about 190 ft around the house.
Does this seem in the ball park?
Thanks,

I don't have gutters but last time I checked on price 7-8 years ago it was
half that for twice the perimeter. Central Florida.

That would be excellent price for some gutter replacement.
I can put up cheapo home depot gutters for a fraction of that, though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
I am getting gutters replaced and i have a quote for $2,200.00. I live
in the New Orleans area and its about 190 ft around the house. Does
this seem in the ball park?

You left out some important information.

1.The size of gutter.
2.The type of material.
3.The thickness of material.
4.How they will hang it. Spike & ferrule is the cheapest way, but not the
best. If they propose to hang it with spikes, make sure they go into the
rafter tails. Also, if spike & ferrule, what type?
5. How often do they intend to fasten it. For 24" O.C. rafters, it is best
to fasten at every rafter tail. For 16" O.C., every other tail is
sufficient.

There are many cost cutting features, just like any other project.

In this area, you would be able to get formed 5" aluminum gutters with
built in cover/topper on it. A .032 thickness with hidden hangers. And a
factory baked enamel. You would still have money left over for movies & a
very expensive dinner for a family of four.

gutter repair--what a headache peter p. Home Repair 13 April 19th 05 02:18 PM
Gutter guards ! [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 20th 04 09:35 PM
Gutter screen barry martin Home Repair 2 August 28th 04 02:24 PM
gutter drip edge problems wgadsby Home Repair 1 October 24th 03 10:26 AM
gutter guards Bloated Elvis Home Repair 0 October 15th 03 03:42 AM