Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Gutter Quote

On 13 Jul 2006 08:33:07 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

I am getting gutters replaced and i have a quote for $2,200.00. I live
in the New Orleans area and its about 190 ft around the house. Does
this seem in the ball park?
Thanks,

Man, I can't believe the prices you guys are quoting. I paid $374 for
guttering my 1,700sf house 4 years ago here in Oregon. Continuous 5"
prepainted steel, 4 straight runs, 4 downspouts, some drip channel,
about 125 feet total. 3 guys came in a pickup with the trailered
machine and were done in a couple hours flat using a pair of 8'
ladders. The gutters are about 9' from ground level.

I had put up a couple new fascia boards before they came. That saved
me $200.

That so many of you guys are being quoted $2k-3k prices blows me away!
Are they made of titanium or something? My 3 quotes were all under
$500. Even with some kinky-shaped gutters, those prices you quote are
outrageous! Oregon isn't known for low prices on anything, either.
Amazing.

---
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -
http://diversify.com Web Applications