Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn Mower Spark Plug Changing ?

Hello:

How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn mower, and
also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing replacement ?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it is kept dry it can easily outlast the motor, or several, a cheap
motor might get 100-300 hours life, but in your car the same plug lasts
5-10 times as long.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message

How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn mower, and
also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing replacement ?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

I don't know, but I do know I've never had the need to change one. They
outlasted the rest of the engine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:

Hello:

How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn mower, and
also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing replacement ?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

Thanks,
Bob

Hi,
I don't recall replacing one yet. Consider plugs on car engines last
100K miles or more nowadays.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 21:09:57 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

I don't recall replacing one yet. Consider plugs on car engines last
100K miles or more nowadays.

Hope I'm not the only person that bought a mower engine plug. I've
even accidentally cracked ceramic on a new plug going into the truck,
but I'm cured now.

Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello:

How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn mower, and
also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing replacement ?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

Thanks,
Bob

pull the plug and check its condition first of the season.
Here is a page that will show you what to look for.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

"digitalmaster" wrote in
:

. ..

?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

Thanks,
Bob

pull the plug and check its condition first of the season.
Here is a page that will show you what to look for.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

Just change the damn $2 plug once a season or when it's running ****ty.
And spray it with WD-40 -- your wallet I mean. It's squeaks bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Right on brother!
"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"digitalmaster" wrote in
:

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello:

How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn
mower, and also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing replacement
?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

Thanks,
Bob

pull the plug and check its condition first of the season.
Here is a page that will show you what to look for.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

Just change the damn $2 plug once a season or when it's running ****ty.
And spray it with WD-40 -- your wallet I mean. It's squeaks bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Lawrence" wrote in message
Right on brother!
"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"digitalmaster" wrote in
:

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello:

How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn
mower, and also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing replacement
?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

Thanks,
Bob

pull the plug and check its condition first of the season.
Here is a page that will show you what to look for.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...colorchart.htm

Just change the damn $2 plug once a season or when it's running ****ty.
And spray it with WD-40 -- your wallet I mean. It's squeaks bad.

Changing the plug is not a bad idea,but while you have the plug out look at
it.It will tell you what is happening with the engine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"digitalmaster" wrote in
:

"John Lawrence" wrote in message
Right on brother!
"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"digitalmaster" wrote in
:

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello:

How long, typically, is a spark plug good for in a typical lawn
mower, and also for a typical weed-wacker, before needing
replacement ?

Assume, perhaps, once a week usage during the summer on each.

Thanks,
Bob

pull the plug and check its condition first of the season.
Here is a page that will show you what to look for.

http://www.verrill.com/moto/sellingg...ugcolorchart.h
tm

Just change the damn $2 plug once a season or when it's running
****ty. And spray it with WD-40 -- your wallet I mean. It's squeaks
bad.

Changing the plug is not a bad idea,but while you have the plug out
look at it.It will tell you what is happening with the engine.

True. But what are you gonna do about it? It's a one cyl engine. Adjust
the fuel injector, timing, maybe add a NOS kit to it?

Yea OK, in reality may tell you the carb need adjustment or air filter is
clogged. But if either one of those is the case it's probably running
****ty anyway. If it ain't, don't screw with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

maybe add a NOS kit to it?

LOL !

That would've made a good "Home Improvement"
episode.

I could picture it now, a blue bottle right
behind the seat of a riding mower (or between
the handles of a push mower).

Pimp My Mower ! (now that could be a "King Of
The Hill" episode). Ole Hank Hill could have a
visit by Xibit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"XLR8" wrote in
:

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

maybe add a NOS kit to it?

LOL !

That would've made a good "Home Improvement"
episode.

I could picture it now, a blue bottle right
behind the seat of a riding mower (or between
the handles of a push mower).

Pimp My Mower ! (now that could be a "King Of
The Hill" episode). Ole Hank Hill could have a
visit by Xibit.

behind the seat of a riding mower

Great imagination but expand it just a bit:

On a weed whacker. Machine in front as usual with a blue tank strapped on
your back like scuba. Up rolls the SWAT team, storms the driveway and
orders you to lay face down on the ground arms wide out or die. Turns out
neighbor saw you with "wand" out in front of you and tank on your back.
Called 911 and reported "There's a guy walking around the neighborhood
with a flame thrower."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"XLR8" wrote in
:

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

maybe add a NOS kit to it?

LOL !

That would've made a good "Home Improvement"
episode.

I could picture it now, a blue bottle right
behind the seat of a riding mower (or between
the handles of a push mower).

Pimp My Mower ! (now that could be a "King Of
The Hill" episode). Ole Hank Hill could have a
visit by Xibit.

Pimp My Mower

This is not so far fetched. There is a company here where they advertise
pimping golf carts - chain link chrome steering wheels, high speed gears,
lift kits and all.

lawn mower Charlie Brown Home Repair 3 October 25th 05 02:41 AM
MTD lawn tractor design flaw? Ted B. Home Ownership 20 June 7th 05 01:12 PM
Lawn Mower harry manka Home Repair 9 September 29th 04 03:30 PM
spark plug life Peter Home Repair 14 January 9th 04 01:42 AM
4 cycle lawn mower engine question Judy and Dave G Home Repair 7 October 27th 03 06:52 PM