harry manka

Default Lawn Mower

My 5-6 year old lawn mower with Briggs & Stratton 4.5 HP engine is
acting up. Worked fine until yesterday when I refilled it with gas and
now it starts but engine stops in 2-3 seconds. Checked/cleaned the
plug and checked oil. Could it be that gas line is clogged and engine
is not getting continuous supply of gas? Any thoughts? thanks.

Harry
m Ransley

Bad gas.

Joseph Meehan

harry manka wrote:
My 5-6 year old lawn mower with Briggs & Stratton 4.5 HP engine is
acting up. Worked fine until yesterday when I refilled it with gas and
now it starts but engine stops in 2-3 seconds. Checked/cleaned the
plug and checked oil. Could it be that gas line is clogged and engine
is not getting continuous supply of gas? Any thoughts? thanks.

Harry

It would appear you had bad gas or you stired something up from the tank
or the gas can.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

SJF

"harry manka" wrote in message
om...
My 5-6 year old lawn mower with Briggs & Stratton 4.5 HP engine is
acting up. Worked fine until yesterday when I refilled it with gas and
now it starts but engine stops in 2-3 seconds. Checked/cleaned the
plug and checked oil. Could it be that gas line is clogged and engine
is not getting continuous supply of gas? Any thoughts? thanks.

Harry

Some guesses, and that's all they are --

1. Starts with a prime (assuming it has a primer bulb) but then dies
because the main jet is plugged.

2. If it has a choke, the choke is not releasing -- engine floods and dies.
In this case you should see heavy smoke as it quits.

3. The gas line from tank to carburetor is plugged -- in line with your
analysis. Same thing -- could be trash in the bottom of the gas tank.

Colbyt

"harry manka" wrote in message
om...
My 5-6 year old lawn mower with Briggs & Stratton 4.5 HP engine is
acting up. Worked fine until yesterday when I refilled it with gas and
now it starts but engine stops in 2-3 seconds. Checked/cleaned the
plug and checked oil. Could it be that gas line is clogged and engine
is not getting continuous supply of gas? Any thoughts? thanks.

Harry

When was the last time you cleaned the air filter? That and the other two
posts are all I can think of.

Colbyt

harry manka

"Colbyt" wrote in message ...
"harry manka" wrote in message
om...
My 5-6 year old lawn mower with Briggs & Stratton 4.5 HP engine is
acting up. Worked fine until yesterday when I refilled it with gas and
now it starts but engine stops in 2-3 seconds. Checked/cleaned the
plug and checked oil. Could it be that gas line is clogged and engine
is not getting continuous supply of gas? Any thoughts? thanks.

Harry

I will check the air filter. But what do you mean "bad gas"? Do you
mean some dirt got into it?

When was the last time you cleaned the air filter? That and the other two
posts are all I can think of.

Colbyt

Colbyt

I will check the air filter. But what do you mean "bad gas"? Do you
mean some dirt got into it?

"bad gas" usually means water or containments that does not allow it combust
normally. Water is the most common problem.

Colbyt