harry manka

Phisherman wrote in message . ..
On 27 Sep 2004 09:02:12 -0700, (harry manka) wrote:

My 5-6 year old lawn mower with Briggs & Stratton 4.5 HP engine is
acting up. Worked fine until yesterday when I refilled it with gas and
now it starts but engine stops in 2-3 seconds. Checked/cleaned the
plug and checked oil. Could it be that gas line is clogged and engine
is not getting continuous supply of gas? Any thoughts? thanks.

Harry

Take out the gas tank, empty it out and blow out the lines. Hemostats
are helpful with this procedure. Fill with fresh premium gas.

I simply removed the air filter and put it back and the mower works
like a charm! I can't explain it but I am happy as long as it works.
thanks for all the suggestions.

Harry