Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can trim be part of the door?

Hi,

I just got a nasty surprise.

I ordered new insulated tempered glass units for four of my doors that
lead to the porch. B/c they are insulated units they require wide trim
to cover the metal part of the unit. But upon taking out trim on one
side of the door and the old glass, I discovered that the old trim is
part of the door! Have you ever seen something like that? (To make
matters worse, in trying to remove the old "trim" I materially damaged
it before I discovered that it was part of the door.)

So what to do now?
Get new doors?
Somehow cut the old trim out?

So something else?