Posted to alt.home.repair
Shane Hecker

Default washer problem

I have a Maytag Neptune mah4000. To make a long story short, the machine
worked fine until some repairs were made to it. The repairs were done as
part of the settlement which Maytag reached over a class action suit. Now,
the machine won't go into the spin cycle. Three circuit boards and a month
later, the problem is still not fixed. I opened up the front of the machine
and found the plunger which pushes a microswitch is not hitting the switch.
It passes just above it. The technician came out and said the switch was
worn out and to get a new one. Tried this but it didn't fix it. A piece of
well placed particle board fixes the problem, but I'd rather fix it
properly. Any idea what I should do? Thanks for any info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The components in the door switch area fit tightly together. There is
no such thing as a worn part in that area. If the plunger isn't
hitting the switch, then something is not installed correctly. Believe
it or not, putting a shim in like you did is a good measure that you
should settle for, if it makes everything work correctly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A really good place to list your question is at www.repairnet.com

This site is for appliance technicians.

You may also look at www.repairclinic.com for help.