Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What to do with the rain gauge water?

I just bought one of those rain gauges that you stick in the lawn. I
carefully followed the instructions that came with it and it seems to
work because it rained over the weekend and it shows that we got
almost an inch.

However, I got a problem. The instructions did not say what to do
with the water inside. I know it needs to be removed, but what should
I do with it? I dont want to just dump it on the lawn because that
would screw up the lawn in that spot because the lawn would end up
being confused and unbalanced, and possibly even damage the ecosystem
in my region of the country. Besides, this is apparently special
water since it got inside that little tube, so it needs to be put in a
special place. But where? I dont understand why they dont mention
this in the instructions.

Blondie
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bad Boy

wrote in message
I just bought one of those rain gauges that you stick in the lawn. I
carefully followed the instructions that came with it and it seems to
work because it rained over the weekend and it shows that we got
almost an inch.

However, I got a problem. The instructions did not say what to do
with the water inside. I know it needs to be removed, but what should
I do with it? I dont want to just dump it on the lawn because that
would screw up the lawn in that spot because the lawn would end up
being confused and unbalanced, and possibly even damage the ecosystem
in my region of the country. Besides, this is apparently special
water since it got inside that little tube, so it needs to be put in a
special place. But where? I dont understand why they dont mention
this in the instructions.

Blondie

How does that old saying go about being too dumb to know how pour **** out
of a boot?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Bad Boy wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Or out of a bottle with the instructions written on the bottom....

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

lawn under gauge didnt get its share of rain, so dump water under gauge
so it gets equal treatment

Posted to alt.home.repair
hah

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:13:43 -0500, wrote:

I just bought one of those rain gauges that you stick in the lawn. I
carefully followed the instructions that came with it and it seems to
work because it rained over the weekend and it shows that we got
almost an inch.

However, I got a problem. The instructions did not say what to do
with the water inside. I know it needs to be removed, but what should
I do with it? I dont want to just dump it on the lawn because that
would screw up the lawn in that spot because the lawn would end up
being confused and unbalanced, and possibly even damage the ecosystem
in my region of the country. Besides, this is apparently special
water since it got inside that little tube, so it needs to be put in a
special place. But where? I dont understand why they dont mention
this in the instructions.

Blondie

This type of rain gauge has a peculiar 13-dimensional structure that
causes water within it to be converted to a rare alternate known as
GD-water. Pouring this on the lawn will trigger a chemical cascade
that can destroy all plant life within 77 meters. Also, anyone who
contacts an infected plant will suffer severe butt itch for 7 years,
which will recur whenever said person drinks beer or coffee.

To prevent this, drink the water (and no other eating/drinking at the
time). When the stomach irritation dies down (about 5-10 minutes),
drink as much normal water as possible for the next 20-30 minutes to
dilute it. WARNING: ****ing during this time can still spread
contamination. This is likely to attract alligators, that tend to snap
at the source of the irritating substance.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

wrote in message
ups.com...
lawn under gauge didnt get its share of rain, so dump water under gauge
so it gets equal treatment

What a logical answer...I would never have thought of that.

Posted to alt.home.repair
sidewinder

Is it possible there is someone on this planet who is this ****ing dumb? Of
course not, so this asshole has to be pulling our leg.

wrote in message
I just bought one of those rain gauges that you stick in the lawn. I
carefully followed the instructions that came with it and it seems to
work because it rained over the weekend and it shows that we got
almost an inch.

However, I got a problem. The instructions did not say what to do
with the water inside. I know it needs to be removed, but what should
I do with it? I dont want to just dump it on the lawn because that
would screw up the lawn in that spot because the lawn would end up
being confused and unbalanced, and possibly even damage the ecosystem
in my region of the country. Besides, this is apparently special
water since it got inside that little tube, so it needs to be put in a
special place. But where? I dont understand why they dont mention
this in the instructions.

Blondie

Hot Water Recirculator Comfort Valve Inefficiencies Cost More Then An Outlet Install [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 21st 06 12:13 AM
Salt content of softened water Steve B Home Repair 26 January 25th 06 04:06 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM