Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil

Default GE Profile Refrigerator Water Filter

I have a GE Profile 21.6 cu ft. side by side refrigerator with a water
and ice dispenser. The model is either a TFX22PR, a TFH22PR or a
TFT22PR (sorry, they are all on the label in the door). Lately, the
water has been tasting off and I suspect that there is contamination
inside the line somewhere. Is there an in-line water filter built into
these models? I can't find one for the life of me. If there is one,
how do I access it? I have even traced my water line back to the
t-valve and there is no filter I can see. Has anyone else had their
taste of their water go off too, and what did you do?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Phil" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a GE Profile 21.6 cu ft. side by side refrigerator with a water
and ice dispenser. The model is either a TFX22PR, a TFH22PR or a
TFT22PR (sorry, they are all on the label in the door). Lately, the
water has been tasting off and I suspect that there is contamination
inside the line somewhere. Is there an in-line water filter built into
these models? I can't find one for the life of me. If there is one,
how do I access it?

The GE web site will have manuals you can download.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Phil wrote:
I have a GE Profile 21.6 cu ft. side by side refrigerator with a water
and ice dispenser. The model is either a TFX22PR, a TFH22PR or a
TFT22PR (sorry, they are all on the label in the door). Lately, the
water has been tasting off and I suspect that there is contamination
inside the line somewhere. Is there an in-line water filter built into
these models? I can't find one for the life of me. If there is one,
how do I access it? I have even traced my water line back to the
t-valve and there is no filter I can see. Has anyone else had their
taste of their water go off too, and what did you do?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi,

The model is either a TFX22PR, a TFH22PR or a
TFT22PR (sorry, they are all on the label in the door).

You are reading the wrong tag.

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/modelnumber3.jpg

I have even traced my water line back to the
t-valve and there is no filter I can see

If you checked from the back of the refrigerator all the way to the
shut off valve and you found no filter = no "inline" filter.
If there is no filter in the fresh food section, under or near the
controls, your refrigerator may not have one.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead

On the front, close to the floor.

"Phil" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a GE Profile 21.6 cu ft. side by side refrigerator with a water
and ice dispenser. The model is either a TFX22PR, a TFH22PR or a
TFT22PR (sorry, they are all on the label in the door). Lately, the
water has been tasting off and I suspect that there is contamination
inside the line somewhere. Is there an in-line water filter built into
these models? I can't find one for the life of me. If there is one,
how do I access it? I have even traced my water line back to the
t-valve and there is no filter I can see. Has anyone else had their
taste of their water go off too, and what did you do?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Swimming pool filter questions rb608 Home Repair 17 June 18th 06 01:43 PM
Refrigerator Water Filter Question [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 2nd 06 12:08 AM
Usual water filter rootep Home Repair 2 January 20th 06 07:38 AM
Usual water filter rootep Home Ownership 2 January 20th 06 02:03 AM
Sears Refrigerator side by side - water filter - scam? harold balls Home Repair 25 September 18th 05 10:45 AM