Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil

Default GE Profile Refrigerator Water Filter

I have a GE Profile 21.6 cu ft. side by side refrigerator with a water
and ice dispenser. The model is either a TFX22PR, a TFH22PR or a
TFT22PR (sorry, they are all on the label in the door). Lately, the
water has been tasting off and I suspect that there is contamination
inside the line somewhere. Is there an in-line water filter built into
these models? I can't find one for the life of me. If there is one,
how do I access it? I have even traced my water line back to the
t-valve and there is no filter I can see. Has anyone else had their
taste of their water go off too, and what did you do?

Thanks for any help you can give.