Posted to alt.home.repair
Arpil

Default Crown molding & paint wall

I'm planning to have interior paint and crown molding. Which job
should I do first? Paint wall, let it try then put the crown molding
up or put crown molding before paint.

Wall with have a light brown color. Crown molding will be white.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Arpil wrote:
I'm planning to have interior paint and crown molding. Which job
should I do first? Paint wall, let it try then put the crown molding
up or put crown molding before paint.

Wall with have a light brown color. Crown molding will be white.

Thanks.

Someone may disagree, but I would start from the top down. ceiling -
crown molding - wall - base molding. Paint seldom drips up. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
lee_houston

"Arpil" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm planning to have interior paint and crown molding. Which job
should I do first? Paint wall, let it try then put the crown molding
up or put crown molding before paint.

paint wall, measure and cut molding, paint molding before
install, install molding, touch up molding

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:42:31 GMT, "lee_houston"
wrote:

"Arpil" wrote in message
roups.com...
I'm planning to have interior paint and crown molding. Which job
should I do first? Paint wall, let it try then put the crown molding
up or put crown molding before paint.

paint wall, measure and cut molding, paint molding before
install, install molding, touch up molding

Measure each and every piece of molding separately. Don't assume
opposite ends of the same room are the same length.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Buck Turgidson

Put the crown molding up, and then mask and paint. You'll inevitably
accidentally ding the wall, stray pencil marks, etc, when putting up the
molding. You might otherwise have alot of touchup to do.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV

Arpil wrote:
I'm planning to have interior paint and crown molding. Which job
should I do first? Paint wall, let it try then put the crown molding
up or put crown molding before paint.

Wall with have a light brown color. Crown molding will be white.

Thanks.

Find studs and ceiling joists near the top corner using the biblical
method, seek and ye shall find, poke a nail through the sheetrock.

Mark ceiling and walls for the joists and studs with masking tape.

Put up crown molding nailing to the joists and studs. Since you are
painting, consider the mdf molding - slightly cheaper and cuts nicely.

Caulk all of the gaps between the ceiling/molding/walls with a
painter's caulk, not silicone. Cleans up easily with water.

Paint the ceiling.

Paint the molding.

Paint the wall.

Have a cold one, I prefer Hangar One.