Posted to alt.home.repair
RevDon

Default Paint: Spraying vs. Rolling

Which uses more paint, spraying or rolling? I have a pressure pot spray
gun set, but have been looking at power rollers. I'm re-modeling a
large house, and would like to make best use of materials. Any advise?

Posted to alt.home.repair
HotRod

I have a sprayer and power roller and always end up rolling the old
fashioned way. Spraying is messy and power rolling is hard to cleanup the
whole setup. If you are doing the whole house in one shot use the power
roller otherwise do it the old fashioned way.

"RevDon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Which uses more paint, spraying or rolling? I have a pressure pot spray
gun set, but have been looking at power rollers. I'm re-modeling a
large house, and would like to make best use of materials. Any advise?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"RevDon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Which uses more paint, spraying or rolling? I have a pressure pot spray
gun set, but have been looking at power rollers. I'm re-modeling a
large house, and would like to make best use of materials. Any advise?

Most painters I know Spray and back roll on the exterior. On the interior
it depends on if the ceiling is a separate color. In my house they sprayed
al the ceilings white, then rolled the walls. The guy that painted my house
( also a friend ) has been painting over 25 years I have never seen him use
a power roller. I would think spraying would take a little more paint, but a
whole lot less time. I go for saving time because you know when you start
painting you whish you never started.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Valspar paint ...ARGH! Jean Home Repair 7 March 17th 06 09:34 PM
Spraying Paint Tom Watson Woodworking 15 September 13th 03 02:41 PM
Is there a machine to paint trim/baseboard ? Mark & Shauna Home Ownership 10 July 26th 03 02:35 PM