Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Paint: Spraying vs. Rolling

"RevDon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Which uses more paint, spraying or rolling? I have a pressure pot spray
gun set, but have been looking at power rollers. I'm re-modeling a
large house, and would like to make best use of materials. Any advise?

Most painters I know Spray and back roll on the exterior. On the interior
it depends on if the ceiling is a separate color. In my house they sprayed
al the ceilings white, then rolled the walls. The guy that painted my house
( also a friend ) has been painting over 25 years I have never seen him use
a power roller. I would think spraying would take a little more paint, but a
whole lot less time. I go for saving time because you know when you start
painting you whish you never started.