Posted to alt.home.repair
Shopdog

Default Strange sound from washing machine.

Gov't Solution:

Dont' spin drum by hand, noise should not be present.
If noise still persists, move from area until you no longer hear noise.

Searcher

Member

Hi,

A year ago I bought an Bosch washingmachine. It a front loader model. Today I pulled out the laundry, and when I spun the drum by hand I heard a grinding noise. The noise is not coming from one side of the drum. I checked if there was a screw (Yes, I sometimes forget to remove stuff from my pockets) in the drain-off holes of the drum, and there wasn't anything to see there. The machine is just 1 year old. What could it be? A bearing?
__________________
http://www.retroforum.nl
The one and only dutch retrocomputingforum!
Posted to alt.home.repair

It could be a bearing. Listen for the noise when the unit is in
operation. If you hear it, keep track of what part of the cycle it
was in. This can give an indication of possible cause.

Then repost when you heard it and what the washer was doing. Washing,
rinse, drain, agitate, spinning etc....

kms kuba sewing machinery Home Repair 0 April 27th 06 09:16 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 March 27th 06 03:24 PM
Frigidaire front-loading washing machine is taking NAPS! [email protected] Home Repair 27 January 24th 06 05:24 AM
Washing machine has filled up with water whilst turned off! pcyljmb UK diy 5 January 5th 06 11:45 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM