Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
RAJ

Default Best HVAC Units? Trane?

Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and
long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane
one of the best? I hear they run forever?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
RobertM

"RAJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and
long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane
one of the best? I hear they run forever?

I just had a new Lennox installed. Terribly noisy, I hate it. Wish I'd
gotten something else but I'm in too deep to change now.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
professorpaul

I've had both Bryant (heat pump_, York (heat pump) and Carrier (AC
only) over the years without any serious problems. The only unit I
really had problems with (don't remember the make), was an ammonia
cycle AC that just had too many moving parts. They are basically a
refrigerator. If you can lubricate the fan bearing, all the better, but
the last two I've had are sealed units. I have lost refrigerat on one,
but it was a problem with sloppy installation. If they do have to open
it up, and recharge it, make sure that they install a silca gel
moisture trap, or you freeze up the expansion valve.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Noon-Air

Trane is rated as high as Rheem is, and Rheem is one of the quietest on the
market.

"RAJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and
long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane
one of the best? I hear they run forever?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
PrecisionMachinisT

"Noon-Air" wrote in message
. ..

Trane is rated as high as Rheem is, and Rheem is one of the quietest on

the
market.

Ironic, ( or perhaps not so ) in that they also used to make drums and other
various musical instruments....

Oh--almost forgot:

Blow me, Mike....

--

SVL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
JD

We have had a TRANE "package" unit for 11 years. It has run well with no
major component failures. We will probably replace it in a few years with
another, but more efficient TRANE.
JD

"RAJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and
long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane
one of the best? I hear they run forever?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

On 9 Jun 2006 15:22:55 -0700, "RAJ" wrote:

Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and
long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane
one of the best? I hear they run forever?

Both my sons are in the HVAC business...and over the years I have
learned to listen to them when they "talk" Heating and air
conditioning"... According to them there really is not much
difference in any of the major brands NOT a single one is more
reliable then any other... proper sizing, and proper installation
is much more important then the brand...

Just what I hear....and believe.. since they tell their mother the
same thing..

Bob G

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
HeatMan

wrote in message
"Noon-Air" wrote:

Trane is rated as high as Rheem is, and Rheem is one of the quietest on

the
market.

In a residential application, I'd put in Rheem long before I'd put in
a Trane.

Wow! A red letter day! Fish saying something is better than a Trane.
Amazing.

"RAJ" wrote in message
roups.com...
Is there any general consensus as to who makes the most reliable and
long lasting HVAC units? I'm looking for a split package AC. Is Trane
one of the best? I hear they run forever?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
aka-SBM

"Noon-Air" wrote in message
. ..
Trane is rated as high as Rheem is, and Rheem is one of the quietest on
the market.

Yea..but we got ya beat on the quiet scale...

Notice no ones asked what in hell a SPLIT PACKAGE is yet...lol

oups.com...