Posted to alt.home.repair
CAS

Default Looking for a range hood with an offset vent

Hello Netters,

We're about to remodel our kitchen, including installation of a vented
range hood on an interior wall. The plan is to do an upward vent to
the top of the cabinets, then to run through the cabinets to the
exterior wall (approx 4 ft away). Since we're putting in 42 inch wall
cabinets, the loss of the top few inches of cabinet space is no great
loss to this short homeowner. However, I would like to retain as much
use of the cabinet over the range as possible. The guy who's doing our
cabinets suggested looking for a hood with a vent that isn't centered,
but would sit on one side, so that half of the wall cabinet would
remain useable, rather than having two smaller, narrow areas, one on
each side of the ductwork. He says he's seen this, but I can't find a
supplier for an updraft hood that does anything other than straight up
the center, or out the back side.

Many thanks!