Posted to alt.home.repair
CF

Default A/C - How to protect the sill?

I have brand new Anderson windows that I want to install a couple A/Cs in.

How can I protect the sills from condensation? Is there something I can
put between there?

I was thinking of taping a plastic bag on top of it...

-CF

Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

"CF" wrote in message
newsrNdg.33711$fG3.14304@dukeread09...
I have brand new Anderson windows that I want to install a couple A/Cs in.

How can I protect the sills from condensation? Is there something I can
put between there?

I was thinking of taping a plastic bag on top of it...

-CF

I used room air conditioners for quite a few years and never found
condensation under them. They dripped out the back of the units. Assemble
something out of 2x4 lumber for the units to rest on. Anyplace the wood
contacts the windows, sills or AC units, they should be covered with thick
weatherstripping to minimize noise and contact damage. Design these wooden
things with a slight slant that facilitates proper draining.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"CF" wrote in message
newsrNdg.33711$fG3.14304@dukeread09...
I have brand new Anderson windows that I want to install a couple A/Cs in.

How can I protect the sills from condensation? Is there something I can
put between there?

I was thinking of taping a plastic bag on top of it...

-CF

Properly installed the water should drip from the outer edge of the unit if
it drips at all.

I have protected my windows from improper installation using a small field
formed piece of metal flashing. Plastic might work as well.

Colbyt

New sill plate, old tie rod? Dan Hartung Home Repair 3 November 3rd 05 10:08 AM
Sony STR-DB930 in Protect mode [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 November 2nd 05 12:52 PM
Re post - help please on window sill cracks daveasbury UK diy 6 March 20th 05 02:02 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Damp under upstairs window. Porous sill? Phil Addison UK diy 61 July 3rd 04 10:31 PM