Posted to alt.home.repair
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default Weedeater fuel line is disintegrated

My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the
fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it
to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Barr

It takes patience and some minor disassembly. It also takes the exact
size tubing, since there's almost no 'elbow room'. As I recall, there
are two diameters of tubing used.

I found this tubing at our area small engine shop, which has since gone
out of business. No idea where you'd find replacement line now. (It
might be easy to find -- I haven't had to try yet).

wrote:
My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the
fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it
to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

wrote:

My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the
fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it
to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?

HD and Lowes sell this fuel tubing in the mower section, not sure if
it's exactly for your weedeater but you can take an unbroken piece to
match it up.