Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob S.

Default Weedeater fuel line is disintegrated

wrote:
My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the
fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it
to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?

Fairly easy. The trick to fishing the line through the fuel tank is to
cut the end of the fuel line in a sever "v". Push the end of the v
through the bottom of the tank, grab it from the inside with a pair of
needle nose or forcepts, pull it through far enough to put on the fuel
filter, then cut the line square.

Bob S.