DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Weedeater fuel line is disintegrated (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/162791-weedeater-fuel-line-disintegrated.html)

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com May 21st 06 07:58 PM

Weedeater fuel line is disintegrated

My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the
fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it
to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?

Robert Barr May 21st 06 08:53 PM

Weedeater fuel line is disintegrated

It takes patience and some minor disassembly. It also takes the exact
size tubing, since there's almost no 'elbow room'. As I recall, there
are two diameters of tubing used.

I found this tubing at our area small engine shop, which has since gone
out of business. No idea where you'd find replacement line now. (It
might be easy to find -- I haven't had to try yet).

Joey May 22nd 06 01:03 AM

wrote:

My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the
fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it
to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?

HD and Lowes sell this fuel tubing in the mower section, not sure if
it's exactly for your weedeater but you can take an unbroken piece to
match it up.

Bob S. May 23rd 06 12:10 AM

wrote:
My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the
fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it
to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?

Fairly easy. The trick to fishing the line through the fuel tank is to
cut the end of the fuel line in a sever "v". Push the end of the v
through the bottom of the tank, grab it from the inside with a pair of
needle nose or forcepts, pull it through far enough to put on the fuel
filter, then cut the line square.

Bob S.