Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Default Bird Question

My parents have a brass kick plate on their front door.

Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning,
and poops all over the plate.

This morning my Dad was in the yard when it happened. The bird
apparently sees itself in the plate, (like a mirror), then pecks at it,
and then does his thing.

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

Many thanks.

Corinne
Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

On Mon, 15 May 2006 22:38:51 -0700, Corinne
wrote:
Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning,
and poops all over the plate.

Thanks for confirming that your are a ****in' idiotic troll...

bitch-slap

plonk
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Corinne wrote:
Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning,
and poops all over the plate.

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

Sure... BB gun.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Remove the door

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

You should tell your Dad to go poop on the brass plate himself. And
then pee on it. It's called "marking territory".

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Corinne" wrote in message
My parents have a brass kick plate on their front door.

Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning,
and poops all over the plate.

This morning my Dad was in the yard when it happened. The bird
apparently sees itself in the plate, (like a mirror), then pecks at
it,
and then does his thing.

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

Many thanks.

Corinne

Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Well, my neighbors have two cats, and my parents live across the street
from me. This is not working.

If you read my other thread about "Another Frustrating Cat Question", it
is more than likely these cats that are urinating on my brass door plate.

And, to someone who thought I was a troll, no this is for real.

I did put some red chili powder on my door sill last night, and so far,
no problem. It may work, but it sure looks goofy.

Toller wrote:
"Corinne" wrote in message

My parents have a brass kick plate on their front door.

Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning, and
poops all over the plate.

This morning my Dad was in the yard when it happened. The bird apparently
sees itself in the plate, (like a mirror), then pecks at it, and then does
his thing.

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

Get a cat

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

wrote:

My parents have a brass kick plate on their front door.

Unfortunately, there is a bird that comes around almost every morning,
and poops all over the plate.

This morning my Dad was in the yard when it happened. The bird
apparently sees itself in the plate, (like a mirror), then pecks at it,
and then does his thing.

Any ideas as to how this can be solved?

Many thanks.

Corinne

I had a cardinal that would fly into the rear sliding glass door about
10 or 20 times in the morning. It lasted about a month, sometimes
every day, sometimes I think every 2 or 3 days. Then the next
summer, a cardinal -- I think the same one -- would fly into the door
in the morning 10 or 20 times, and after that he would go to the
sliding glass door on the front (north side) of the house and do the
same thing. Lasted about a month. He may have come back a third
summer. After that I didn't see him anymore.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Dad covered the door plate with newspaper, so the bird cannot see his
reflection in it.

We are hoping that this will break his habit.

Thanks.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Oh joy! Something to look forward to. Thanks.

RobertPatrick wrote:
Corinne wrote in
:

Dad covered the door plate with newspaper, so the bird cannot see his
reflection in it.

We are hoping that this will break his habit.

It will for this year. It'll prolly come back next spring. I have a robin
that flies into the windows all day, each spring. I cover the windows as
you do.

Thanks.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:42:36 -0700, Corinne
wrote:

Dad covered the door plate with newspaper, so the bird cannot see his
reflection in it.

We are hoping that this will break his habit.

Two points for Dad. Maybe I should have tried that.

Thanks.

wrote:

[...]

OT Mad old woman syndrome and bird flu Sponix UK diy 0 February 16th 06 01:53 PM
Bird trapped in my sunroom Bill Home Repair 10 December 12th 05 10:59 PM
Bird feeder designs Scott Woodworking 3 November 2nd 05 05:38 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM