Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill

Default Bird trapped in my sunroom

I have a sun room with a hot tub in it. I keep one window partially open to
keep the room cool (I like to use the hot tub that way). There is 10 inches
of snow on the ground, so it's rather cool right now.

Anyway, a bird flew in and can't get out. It trys to fly from an open
window but bangs into one of the windows everytime.

When I go into the room to try and open the window more (or open another
one), the bird goes crazy and bangs into multiple windows throwing feathers
everywhere, and I run back in. He's already damaged some screens.

I guess I am as scared of the bird as he is of me. I don't want to get hit
by the bird in it's paniced flight, and I don't want it making it's way into
my house.

Posted to alt.home.repair
fish

Hi,

I am not an expert, but i got an idea. take some news paper and cover
the windows using tape and one sheet of news paper. this will
eliminate all clear glass as a possible escape for the bird. when you
are done there should only be the open window with light coming in,
and the bird should fly out.

wear eye protection so the bird doesnt fly into your eyes while you do
your work.

Fish

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:09:59 GMT, "Bill" wrote:

I have a sun room with a hot tub in it. I keep one window partially open to
keep the room cool (I like to use the hot tub that way). There is 10 inches
of snow on the ground, so it's rather cool right now.

Anyway, a bird flew in and can't get out. It trys to fly from an open
window but bangs into one of the windows everytime.

When I go into the room to try and open the window more (or open another
one), the bird goes crazy and bangs into multiple windows throwing feathers
everywhere, and I run back in. He's already damaged some screens.

I guess I am as scared of the bird as he is of me. I don't want to get hit
by the bird in it's paniced flight, and I don't want it making it's way into
my house.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"Bill" wrote in message
I have a sun room with a hot tub in it. I keep one window partially open

keep the room cool (I like to use the hot tub that way). There is 10

inches
of snow on the ground, so it's rather cool right now.

Anyway, a bird flew in and can't get out. It trys to fly from an open
window but bangs into one of the windows everytime.

When I go into the room to try and open the window more (or open another
one), the bird goes crazy and bangs into multiple windows throwing

feathers
everywhere, and I run back in. He's already damaged some screens.

I guess I am as scared of the bird as he is of me. I don't want to get

hit
by the bird in it's paniced flight, and I don't want it making it's way

into
my house.

Do you have a cat????????? It will know what to do

Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

It works as advertised. I covered the window in the back garage wall
with cardboard with the garage door open and the trapped bird flew out
of the door.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:26:01 GMT, fish
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Bill wrote:
I have a sun room with a hot tub in it. I keep one window partially open to
keep the room cool (I like to use the hot tub that way). There is 10 inches
of snow on the ground, so it's rather cool right now.

Anyway, a bird flew in and can't get out. It trys to fly from an open
window but bangs into one of the windows everytime.

When I go into the room to try and open the window more (or open another
one), the bird goes crazy and bangs into multiple windows throwing feathers
everywhere, and I run back in. He's already damaged some screens.

I guess I am as scared of the bird as he is of me. I don't want to get hit
by the bird in it's paniced flight, and I don't want it making it's way into
my house.

Throw a sheet over him, scoop him up and take him out. Or call animal
control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,

I am not an expert, but i got an idea. take some news paper and cover
the windows using tape and one sheet of news paper. this will
eliminate all clear glass as a possible escape for the bird. when you
are done there should only be the open window with light coming in,
and the bird should fly out.

wear eye protection so the bird doesnt fly into your eyes while you do
your work.

Fish

Your suggestion is good and is likely to work. However, there is no
need to worry about the bird flying in someones face. They are trying
to stay AWAY from the person.

Another suggestion is a fishing net. You can often catch them in
flight. Be sure to quickly bring net toward the floor when bird flys
into net.

To the OP, in the future, put a screen on that window.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB

Bill wrote:
I have a sun room with a hot tub in it. I keep one window partially open
keep the room cool (I like to use the hot tub that way). There is 10
inches
of snow on the ground, so it's rather cool right now.

Anyway, a bird flew in and can't get out. It trys to fly from an open
window but bangs into one of the windows everytime.

When I go into the room to try and open the window more (or open another
one), the bird goes crazy and bangs into multiple windows throwing
feathers
everywhere, and I run back in. He's already damaged some screens.

I guess I am as scared of the bird as he is of me. I don't want to get
hit
by the bird in it's paniced flight, and I don't want it making it's way
into
my house.

I have caught them in a fish net before.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pellet gun.-Jitney

Posted to alt.home.repair
thrugoodmarshall

Pellet gun. Cute.

Wanna buy him a new window, too?

Spent last weekend shooting flip targets with a .22. Much more fun
than a pellet gun, and I think I may have shot $2.00 worth of ammo!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pellet gun. Cute.

Wanna buy him a new window, too (snip)

A well-placed shot will stop or slow the pellet enough. Always check
backdrop.-Jitney

Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy & Carol

Wait till it is dark, put a bright light outside, open door,
make the bird fly, he will go right out the door.

Bird feeder designs Scott Woodworking 3 November 2nd 05 05:38 PM
BIRD FLU PANDEMIC FEARS MOUNT - CONTINGENCY PLANS ESSENTIAL!' [email protected] UK diy 10 October 7th 05 11:25 AM
Please help: Sunroom Flooring Recommendation, weird situation Russell Home Repair 2 February 19th 04 03:31 AM