Posted to alt.home.repair
brent

Default range hood ducting with thermal break

I am planning to install a range hood. A couple of sources recommend
adding a nonmetallic thermal break between the duct that runs out to the
exterior wall cap and the duct that runs back to the range hood--placing
it as near to the wall as practical. This seems like a good idea for
someplace like Minnesota.

http://www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/itemdocs/8285116.pdf (whirlpool
installation instructions)
http://www.ventingdirect.com/pdfs/Ki...es/9763388.pdf
(kitchenaid installation instructions)

Except for the suggestion in one of the above references to use a "short
length of nonmetallic duct", I have not seen anything that actually
suggests specifically how to implement this thermal break. I have not
seen 6" diameter nonmetallic duct anywhere--unless 6-inch PVC could be used.

I was hoping to learn how someone else actually did this.

thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

brent" "north_sea_brent at yahoo dot kom wrote:
[...]

I don't have a suggestion other than to make sure that whatever you use
is properly rated for that use to prevent a possible fire hazard

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit