Posted to alt.home.repair
johnnyzero

Default accessories for my air compressor?

Hi,

I'm juta dumb homeowner, so please be patient & excuse any ignorane on
my part.

I use my handy-dandy Craftsman 150psi air compressor for lotsa things
around the house. I'm wondering if anyone makes attachment to:

1) allow it to run a light-duty liquid pump - for pumping small
quantities of water or whatever.

2) turn the compressor into a reasonably-powered vacuum pump - for
"dry" applcations like evacuationg a/c systems or watever.

I'm sure I've seen these accessories before, but now that I need 'em of
course I can't find 'em.Anyhelp will be MUCH appreciated!

best,
JohnB

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"johnnyzero" wrote in message
1) allow it to run a light-duty liquid pump - for pumping small
quantities of water or whatever.

Yes, I've seen them. The one in particular I saw was not very impressive
and an electric ump would have been better.

2) turn the compressor into a reasonably-powered vacuum pump - for
"dry" applcations like evacuationg a/c systems or watever.

No, it would no draw a very good vacuum.

Posted to alt.home.repair
nothermark

On 7 May 2006 20:06:31 -0700, "johnnyzero"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm juta dumb homeowner, so please be patient & excuse any ignorane on
my part.

I use my handy-dandy Craftsman 150psi air compressor for lotsa things
around the house. I'm wondering if anyone makes attachment to:

1) allow it to run a light-duty liquid pump - for pumping small
quantities of water or whatever.

2) turn the compressor into a reasonably-powered vacuum pump - for
"dry" applcations like evacuationg a/c systems or watever.

I'm sure I've seen these accessories before, but now that I need 'em of
course I can't find 'em.Anyhelp will be MUCH appreciated!

best,
JohnB

1. Google venturi vacuum pump

2. Pressure is not the controlling factor. You will need the cfm to
back it up. You efficiency will suck do to the multiple power
conversions plus a relatively low efficiency vacuum creation.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

johnnyzero writes:

2) turn the compressor into a reasonably-powered vacuum pump - for
"dry" applcations like evacuationg a/c systems or watever.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3952

These work well but not clear if your compressor provides enough CFM.

http://www.truetex.com/aircompressors.htm

You don't need a great vacuum pump for HVAC if you rinse it a few times.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bennett Price

I believe, but am not sure, that the vacuum that the Harbor Freight
units can pull, 28.3", is totally inadequate to properly evacuate
an A/C system. Take a look at the Temp, " Hg., micron chart at
http://www.robinair.com/acsolutions/...m/acvacuum.php

A good vacuum pump is in the double-triple digits of microns

Ignoramus19605 wrote:
You can buy a $14 venturi vacuum pump from Harbor Freight, although I
would not recommend it. Real vacuum pumps can be bought for not too
much. I bought my Sargent Welch Duo Seal for $39.